Launching the Natya series publications...
A Treatise on Bharatanatyam: A Guide to Natya Book 1 is the first in a series of books to educate readers of all ages on the Indian classical performing art of Bharatanatyam. This book provides elaborate information on the origin, history, notable patrons & composers and the detailed illustrations based approach to the practical aspects of the performing art.
This book is recommended for practicing dancers, students learning the art, a guide to dance educators, and classical art lovers. Thillai Fine Arts is committed to promoting the fine art through publications.
Book 1: Back Cover...
A quick look inside ...
- Origins and History of Bharatanatyam
- Outstanding contributors
- Costumes and jewelry
- The 3 Ns of Bharatanatyam
- Bharatanatyam postures, hand gestures
- Head and Eye movements
- Hastas & Bhedas
- Vinyoga (usage) in Sanskrit with English translations
- The Adavus which form the backbone of the art
- Introduction of Advanced Concepts
• Nayaka / Nayika (hero / heroine)
• Rasa (emotions)
• Abinaya (expressions)
• Tala (rhythmic patterns of music)
• Margam (way or path of compositions)
Book 1: Table of Contents ...
Table Of Contents
Table of Contents - Page 1
Table of Contents - Page 2
Table of Contents - Page 3
Table of Contents - Page 4